Founded in 1965 the Armenian National Committee of Canada (ANCC) is the largest and most influential Armenian Canadian grassroots political organization. Working in coordination with a network of offices, chapters and supporters throughout Canada and affiliated organizations around the world, the ANCC actively advances the concerns of the Armenian Canadian community on a broad range of issues.
The primary goals of the ANCC are:
- To foster public awareness in support of a free, united and independent Armenia;
- To influence and guide Canadian policy on matters of interest to the Armenian-Canadian community;
- To represent the collective Armenian Canadian viewpoint on issues of public policy, while serving as the liaison between the community and its elected officials.
The Armenian National Committee of Canada is active in a number of areas and engages in a wide variety of political and educational activities, including:
- Initiating legislation on issues of concern to the Armenian Canadian community, such as strengthening Armenia as a secure, prosperous and democratic state; supporting the Republic of Artsakh right to self-determination and independence within secure borders; promoting economic and democratic development; ensuring the appropriate commemoration of the Armenian Genocide; and encouraging Turkey and Azerbaijan to lift their blockades and adhere to international standards for human rights and humanitarian practices.
- Participating in the Canadian electoral process at the federal, provincial, and local levels by educating elected officials about Armenian-Canadian issues and providing voters with up-to-date information about the positions of candidates on Armenian-Canadian concerns. The ANCC regularly endorses candidates and organizes voter drives.
- Publishing testimony, position papers, press releases, fact sheets, and newsletters.
You must be logged in to post a comment.