Dear community members,
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, Canada and all Canadians are facing an extremely difficult and unpredictable situation. The Armenian National Committee of Canada, in cooperation with our local community centres and affiliate organizations is here to help and guide our community members during this difficult time.
The ANCC is constantly monitoring the situation and is in contact with our government officials to find out more on how our community members and business owners can stay safe and benefit from the COVID-19 Economic Response Plan.
In the meantime, we advise our community to;
– Monitor your health and symptoms and stay safe by practicing sanitary and hygiene practices as advised by Public Health Canada. Learn more by clicking this link (Public Health Canada).
– Support small businesses by buying gift certificates or ordering online, where possible.
– Support local restaurants by ordering a meal for takeout or delivery.
– Recognize the contribution of essential workers including those in our healthcare sector, grocery clerks, childcare workers, first responders and those responsible for keeping our common spaces sanitary.
– Reach out to family and friends, especially senior citizens to offer your moral help and support during this difficult time.
In the coming days, we will provide you with more information on the financial assistance programs that are being offered by the government to help you alleviate the various consequences of this outbreak. We will also provide information regarding services provided by Global Affairs Canada to Canadians who are outside Canada and need to return home. Follow us on social media for more details and to stay informed!
As our collective responsibility, all of us will do our part to fight the spread of COVID-19.
For more information, please contact us at (613) 235-2622 or [email protected]
Stay strong and healthy,
You must be logged in to post a comment.